This handy set of rules covers most of the games which disinformation artists play on the Internet (and offline). When you know the tricks, you’ll be able to spot their games.
1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Regardless of what you know, don’t discuss it.
2. Become incredulous and indignant. This is also known as the “How dare you!” gambit.
3. Create rumor mongers. Avoid discussing issues by describing all charges as mere rumors and wild accusations.
4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent’s argument which you can easily knock down.
5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.Read more
What this amounts to is the fact they are really scared to see their control of the media is seriously threatened. They won't admit it, of course, but they know from the downed ratings they have lost a lot of ground. People are wise to them, thanks to media outlets like all the social media to include Twitter and FaceBook and Fox News.
What we need is more conservative news sites, especially in the larger markets, to offset this coming onslaught against the above. They are really hurting themselves, no matter what they say or do to make Fox or other conservative media look bad.Read more